Friday, November 24, 2006

Post Thanksgiving- Thoughts and Thanks

I am a poker sucker. I dont have the patience to win and palying against the family is too tough.
To many people calling my bluff....It was another family filled thanksgiving. No dark meat was cut up...candied yamms yummers..and poker. My uncle crushed my straight with queen high over my jack high straight. I was talkikng so much crap that karma had to whoop me and she did. My fatal flaw is not my bluffs...my fatal flaw is my patience.

Its weird seeing the next gen family. You see so many family traits. We make disapproving faces and my nephews has the face down cold and he's five. I am trying to think about my younger days and how i acted during thanksgiving. I remeber running around chasing my cousins but was i a good kid. My nephews sang me happy birthday into my phone and it is the ctest thing ever.

Things to be thankful for: (some i took from my bother..i cant help liking what he likes)
Mom and Dad and my two older bothers, my extended family, cousins, nieces and nephews and my friends.
People who read this blog...
A new Dem majority!
Organic base layers.
Friends at work who keep me sane.
Patagonia
My Powerbook
Faraxis
Spain
Iceland
Paris
Scandanavia
Hong Kong
England's Influence on everything- cars, clothes, comedy
Coke One
Capitol Hill at night
UK GQ and Esquire
Alexander Dumas
Chinese deliver
BtVS
Hope and innovation

Remebering what we have is important...thank you to everyone who listens to my rants and helps me stay balanced.

No comments: