Saturday, June 30, 2007

iPhone- First Impressions

I have had an 8 gig iPhone for a day. You have to be deliberate in actions for it to work properly. Being a blackberry user or crackberry user most of us addicts check it every 2 seconds for a quick fix. With the iPhone there is a conscienciousness which slows ones actions so you see the whole picture. Seeing the whole picture gives one clarity beyond clarity. the iPhone is the Kwisatz Haderach from Dune, the sleeper has awaken.

The quality of voice service is equal to that of my Slvr with AT&T service, which isnt saying much. Service has always been mediocre on the system. People ask why not Verizon, I think the simple answer is that the AT&T broadband backbone is much larger and when they push everything into packet world you will be happier. again for voice service I barely got service at my moms and I have to stand by the window to talk on it in my room. I was driving back to DC and it was hard to scroll and pick people to call becauce the phone didnt respond to my thumb easily. The head set was okay and voices came in clear. Overall it is a decent. I have never been a user of voice activated dialing which could make things easy but i dont really know.

Wifi- Browser has had trouble getting the wifi to work but at my house the signal came in quickly with good strength and quickness. I was out in random locations and was picking up signals like no bodies business. It is funny seeing people's names for wifi hot spots. Surfing the web has been fun. I havent blogged off of the iphone but i could fill out forms easily and login into sites. I dont like having all my bookmarks avaible to eveybody to see.

iPod- I have 500 songs 7 episodes of the office an done of Scrubs and still have about half the memory left. To simplify ones life make playlists and pull them off and on. The video service hopefully will be modified to make it easier to drag and drop episodes. Right now that portion seem clumsy. Overall very cool, i love seeing album covers. The sounds on my psp is a bit better but what do you expect from Sony. I am happy with the external speakers.

Photos- works fine not a big selling point for me but it currently has 500 of my pictures. The interface is easy.

Syncing has been superfast and easy. I do hope for more custom design on my syncing home page like a preview function and predective memory use and an optimizer.

I set up the clock so i have dc, madrid and HK times.

I have been waiting for a good convergence device and this is it. This is an evolutionary leap forward.

No comments: