Tuesday, July 10, 2007

iPhone Revisited

It's been about two weeks and I wanted to give some further observations.

First, phone service is about the same as before, no signals at my moms but decent coverage everywhere else. I like my ring tone but still trying to figure out how to make a song a ring tone. I have a guitar strumming and it does the job.

Second, virtual keyboard has become easy to use and the predictive typing is working a lot better. I still havent mastered thumb typing like on the blackberry but it'll come.

Third, touch screen..it works fine but when it doesnt it is frustrating. There is nothing to touch and that is maddening.

Fourth, my phone froze because i was trying to get multiple applications going and I wasnt sure about how to go about a hard reboot and fumbled for a few second before it happened.

Fifth, iTunes interface is a little annoying. Video should be drag and drop and if you uncheck something the iPhone deletes from your phone. I understand that this is to conserve space but man it is a shock the first time it happens and you have to reload. Again manipulating the order on iphone is cumbersome and I hope that changes.

Six, watching videos is fun and easy and has made commutes easier. Moving a head on a video is easy but with a touch screen you end up moiving or rewinding at minute increments in stead of seconds. Maybe that is because i have big hands.

Seventh, keeping wifi off makes surfing the web easier. Picking up available wifi is easy but too many times they are locked or it is commercial wifi demanding you buy minutes.

Overall i am still very happy.

1 comment:

One Little Seedling said...

Why did you get that dude? Should have bought a ticket to Cali and opened up a flip flop stand that also sells epinadas by the seashore.