Monday, July 23, 2007

Quiet Weekend

Quiet weekend, most of my roommates were gone and most of my friends were away for the weekend. Friday I caught up with my LA friend, script writer and Historian who seems to never work but always has some where to go and someone to meet with. We ate at cactus cantina which is always a treat. We talked Harry Potter, talked about moving west and just shat the shit. He is one of those friends who doesnt want anything from you except to be friends.

I also had an adventure with LDSers...saw my friends give outstanding talks on the move west and the struggles and hardships their religious order met with. After hearing that it got me to think of religious persecution throughout US history. Everyone knows that America was set up for religious tolerance or religious freedom...but rememebr that early on Catholics killed Anglicans and Episcipalians and vice versa when the colonies were being established. While we say are tolerant the facts from our history suggest otherwise. We kill those who dont agree with us.

Right now in politics there is a sense of do what is poular. We sent you there to work for us so pull out of the war, kick out all immigrants, stop trading with China and dont tax me. If we continue down this path we might end up killing people because it is popular maybe we will build internment camps for those who do not agree with us.

No comments: