Monday, December 24, 2007

Juno

Unlike Browser my viewing of Juno was attended by me and that's it. I like watching movies by myself... it's like being at home. I can talk to the screen and laugh as loud as I want.

I enjoyed Juno but with all this Jaime Lynn Spears crap I was a little sad...Ellen page was great. my recap...so girl gets pregnant, thinks abortion but is stopped by finger nails, puts it up for adoption but she starts to fall for the adoptive dad who is an ex 90's wanna be rocker. He makes her a mix and she calls just to say hi. Adoptive family breaks apart but she gives the baby up for adoption anyway. She tells her true love, the baby dad, that she loves him and they jam to the moldy peaches. Cute and too hip all in one. Browser was right it was funny watching her take pity on the grunge loving adoptive dad. Sonic Youth is just noise.

The adoptive dad... Jason bateman made me very sad. The wife trying to make him grow up wasn't the problem. We all have to grow up... what bugged me was his need to make her a mix...you're married, she's pregnant and 16.

The soundtrack was great and complimented the film much like wes anderson movies.

The song at the end is by the Moldy Peaches... I think it will be a new anthem for this next generation.

No comments: