Monday, January 07, 2008

Woodberry Kitchen Redux

What makes a good restaurant great is the high level of consistnecy and efforts to keep ingredients at the highest possible level. There is a big oush to increase the use of locally sourced ingredietns. Its a welcome trend that allows aperson to understand their community. I made a second trip to Woodberry Kitchen. It was a late dinner with Ono.

Woodberry was humming even though it was at the tail end of dinner service. At ten O'clock in Baltimore I am not expectig the place to be that alive, but it was and it didnt look like it was slowing down. Spike had his tunes blarring and it was all stuff that I liked. At one point it went from REM's We Walk to Wilco's California Star to the Smith's William it was Really Nothing. Eating in this kind of environment makes me really happy.

What I had- pork buns, roasted pears, fried rice and the pork chop. This meal is quickly beocmng my favorite meal. Everything was cooked perfectly. The pork buns had a nice tanginess to them countered with a bit of sweet. the pears were awesome and coupled with pork chops and rice bites I honestly thought I was in heaven. Woodberry might not be the fanciest place in town but so far it has had consistently good quality food in a fun hip atmosphere.

I really do need to branch out and try something different next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Woodberry place sounds really cool. You should try different things. It's scary at first, but you'll find new favs. Take a bite of Jay's food, he always has something daring.

Billy Hixx and the New Breed said...

There's a place on Wisco in Cleveland Park . . . nice bistro style restaurant . . . I think it's called Deluxe . . . you should try that, I'm sure you've never been there before.