Monday, December 08, 2008

Bonkers

What makes me stupid, irrational or do dumb things? One would assume alcohol or hot women, and while true, you would be surprised by what makes me act so dumb.

The obvious is bourbon, the only alcohol to make me want to punch another person or to want to throw a brick at breakable things. I thought that tequila or jagermeister would be my transformational elixir but no it is the sweetness of bourbon and the warmth that overcomes me and the next thing you know every look from a stranger is an offense and every thing must be destroyed.

Bad drivers....ughhh...all reason goes out the window when i am on the road with these people. Old, young, hot, ugly, priest or terrorist...if you are a bad driver I am more then willing to ram you, flip you off and call the police on you for what... not using your directional... not driving 5 miles over the speed limit. Most of the times these drivers have done nothing wrong i just think they have.

Amazon's One-Click Option- This convenience needs to end, iTunes has the same capabilities and next thing you know every whim is fullfilled. I had to turn off one-click on Amazon because I was going nuts...I am a marketing consultants test case. Put something near the register and dummies will buy it. That's me. This is instant gratification at its expensive worse.

Peking Duck- I will run through a wall for this. I cant say if I have ever had bad Peking Duck. My first trip to China I had it three times in four days in Beijing, two of those times at my insistence. In terms of food, I thought it would be lechon or a great steak ...nope Peking duck. The rice paper, a savory plum saucy crispy skin slightly fatty meat...the ultimate in balance of flavors, textures and taste. The food item that came a close second cream of crab and corn soup.

Duke Basketball- The only team where my stomach hurts from being nervous. the only team where i will kick over chairs, sush my mom, and ask people to leave the room and if necessary to leave my house. I hate it when they lose I hate it more when people interupt my viewing.

European Fanta Naraja- I inly get to drink the abroad or transiting through Charles de Gaulle. But this drink rules all others, its true, try it. You will experience a thirst quenching drink that will force you to buy 87 litres of it and you will forgo essentials like water for it. You can mix it with coke and it becomes awesome, a little red wine and fanta awesome, combined with jamon and you will know what it like to be in Nirvana. I often think of this drink and compare all others to it.

Pennies-- This legal tender makes me want stab myself in the eye. Why dont we haver nice round numbers for prices...is anyone fooled by $9.99...dude thats $10. Pennies is the cause for this horrible pricing scheme. Pennies jingle and take up space in my changr drawer. I hate getting pennies and does the Ronald McDonald House or Unicef benefit at all from this useles currency.

3 comments:

One Little Seedling said...

"Why so serious?"

@margeemateo said...

i took off my card info in iTunes coz i need to stay away from that button (except free stuff). but then there was a time that i was numbers crazy and i remember all the numbers in my card. now that was bad.

Blue Ryder said...

That was just brilliant!!! Almost choked laughing!! =)