Sunday, September 20, 2009

I Love Paris

I've been watching "Paris, Je t'aime" a 2006 movie made up up of a number of vignettes about Paris from multiple perspectives. I have only been once to visit and countless times to Charles De Gaulle as layovers. I forget how old I was when I went but I had a brown barn jacket from J. Crew so i guess early college. What I knew about Paris came from my studies, Dumas' books, and reading magazines. When we went we saw all the major sites, Musee D'Orsay, La Tour Eiffel, Notre Dame, Pere Lechaise, the Louvre, Sacre Couer, mimes, we drank wine, ate baguettes, i smoked cigaettes and drank coffee in cafes and we took the overnight train from Paris to Barcelona. It wasnt that many days and I cant say that I saw how real Parisians live but I loved it anyway.

After watching all the vignettes I have been here thinking what did I like about Paris. I want to say the culture of a city thathas been around for a millenium..i want to say diversity of the people.. Maybe cruising around MontMartre? La Joconde? But..I loved talking to this crepe guy, i must have ate 6 mostly sweet and one or two savory. I believe he extarageted his frenchness for me but his crepes were perfect, light slightly chewey sugary...standing with that guy taking it all in is when I fell in love with it. I havent been back and there is so much to see..i'll get back there.

1 comment:

SoNSo1 said...

It's a cool movie. I don't really remember Paris, too. I just liked wandering around the place.