Saturday, September 26, 2009

Jock Rock, the Cure and workout tunes?

I'm making a workout mix from my hard charging collection of REM, the Cure and Uncle Tupelo and frankly none of it seems to be good work out music. I'm looking for songs to really get me pumped and I'm stuck on "Killing an Arab" by the Cure. When I started compiling I figured I had a ton of Jock Rock but I still cant define it and I only have one foo fighters song...how am i going to make a mix with emo and no jock rock. I just can't have the Cult on heavy rotation.

1 comment:

Hokie Girl 99 said...

Here is a sampling of what I have on my ipod for running/working out:
Rage Against the Machine, Incubus, Foos, Cake, Velvet Revolver, STP, Panic!, Paramour, Pink, Gwen Stefani, Chili Peppers, Marilyn Manson, Beastie Boys, Alice in Chains, etc.