Saturday, November 11, 2006

Chicken Adobo??

I eat out alot and I never get a home cooked meal so whenever i get a chance for some old fashioned filipino food i get super excited. a few nights ago i went to my cousins for dinner, chicken adobo. By far one of my favorite dishes. Having had his adobo before i was very excited. Moist chicken, savory sauce and rice is my comfort food.

Waiting for food to cook is frought with anticipation. Your taste buds start to tingle, memories from my youth come flooding back, and your olfactory sneses are overwhelmed. You scoop heaps of steaming hot rice into a bowl, scoop up chinks of chicken and pour sauce over your rice. You put together the perfect bite and BAM! you are in heaven......unfortunately my mouth was hit with vinegar chicken. My cousin had taken my youth from me. he had taken a basic filipino dish and crushed it into oblivion. I kept eating and tried to remember all those times growing up and having adobo but even my fondest of meories couldnt block out this taste.

No comments: