Wednesday, March 05, 2008

My oldest piece of clothing

I have this crap green jacket which i have had since 1999, it is a beaufort barbour jacket. Now it is getting beat up and i need to send it back for repair. It's waxed cotton and is great when it is cold or rainy. The lining is green tartan plaid and there are no cigarette burns. I have never loaned it to anyone or wrapped it around a girl to keep her warm. I have worn it in Iceland and Stockholm. I have never misplaced it. It once had an additional snap in wool lining but i lost that. It has enough pockets for all of my gear. It has carried everything from my disc man to mp3 player to iphone. It has never been brought to the beach. I want to have this jacket for my whole life and pass it down when i die.

2 comments:

SoNSo1 said...

That's your oldest? I have some tshirts that I still wear from the early 90s!!

Billy Hixx and the New Breed said...

I have a summer baseball league t-shirt from 1992 and a Montreal Candiens hockey jersey (sweater, for purists) received for Chirstmas 1990. The Habs jersey is in pristine condition . . . the t-shirt is on the verge of disintegration.