Monday, July 21, 2008

GQ Style- Turning Old Khaki's Into Shorts

I am not stylish, I wear Brooks Brothers, Patagonia and LL Bean, if that isn't disgustingly preppy and conservative enough for you then you haven't read the Preppy Handbook recently. So, I was fliiping through the new GQ with Seth Rogen on the cover and in one of the style sections it talked about being stylish by taking old khaki's and turning them into shorts. I have been doing this since 9th grade, I have been cool since the 9th grade?!?!?!?.

So my most recent pair of these khaki cut offs are from an old pair of Polo pants. Not only am I recycling but I'm taking a great worn in pair of pants and turning them into shorts and let me tell you they are comfy as hell. This is isn't the pre torn, pre worn in Abercrobie/JCrew look this is old school bet the hell out of your clothes look. If you have clothes that are fringing at the bottom and you need shorts have at it. Cut off shorts ala the cut off jeans are very gritty(Baltimore Slang). These cut offs are a preppy version and the only movie icon I have seen do this well was Chief Brody in Jaws.

So am I hip, retro, stylish even...well the answer is flatly, "No." Im just a guy who has only found one pair of non cut-off khaki's that he has ever liked and those are Patagonia's Continental Shorts. I think GQ should just hang with me for awhile I'll show them style.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my husband must be cool too - well sort of...he didn't have the ingenious to "design" his Khaki cut off shorts but he saw them in a shop in Califonia when on a business trip a few years ago and bought them.