Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Will Love Him and Pet Him and Name Him Walt

Healthcare Reform Arghhhhh!!!!!

Did you know woman can pay up to 40% more in premiums vs male counterpart?

Did you know that 78% of healthcare plans do not cover maternity care?

Did you know that a number of states consider C-Sections a pre-existing condition?

Sometimes I am Lenny from, "Of Mice and Men"....I met with a Women's group today about healthcare. The lobbyist said to me, "In 8 states domestic violence is considered a pre-existing condition. "

What the Fuck?!?! That just makes me mad to think a woman could be denied service because she was abused.

Man, I was pissed off, "What are the states?"

Lobbyist rattles off the eight states: all in red states.

Me, "Whew! I thought you were going to say my state and I was going to have to punch someone in the Governor's office."

Insert foot in mouth. Beer kills brain cells. Yes, I am that dumb. Ughh.

I apologize to all women.

2 comments:

@margeemateo said...

it isnt ur fault that they exist (masochists and those who tolerate it) this is a pretty good eye opener. why is it a pre-existing condition? because men (sorry for lack of better word to use... or rather--- abusive men) have this pre-existing tendency to be abusive. thats just plain wrong and insane.

thanks to men like you who care about women's rights. =)

Hokie Girl 99 said...

hahahaha! Punching someone in the Governor's office! Too funny!