Monday, October 12, 2009

Return of the Jedi

I found myself on a bus today driving around our district to show new staff what we are fighting for. Fuck the bus sucks. It's bumpy and the seats are so smashed even my shorter asian legs are pushed into my chest. We had a bathroom but why would you ever use it. I mean the bathroom on the bus is basically a moving port-a-potty. That doesn't safe now does it. You can pee on yourself. You could get splash back. You could go flying out of the bathroom for all to see. Danger. Also, buses have no real way to regulate temperature. On a trip to China the bus driver to create more cold air he opened the safety roof hatch and the exit panel in the floor. It didn't work. i think it got hotter. i have never been on a long bus trip the longest was a 12 hour round trip to see a stone garden in China. Our embassy chaperones had enough coke to quench the thirst of the Chinese army but no water. They didnt want to stop to make sure we saw petrified trees. A side note the petrified forest was cool. It was a region where you can see obvious signs of the last ice age and the flooding and how it carved the rock like crazy. Anyway that trip made me cry and you couldnt sleep because of the bumpiness.

I am trying to think of a good bus trip...maybe...nope.

I am always amazed at the dexterity of the bus driver and their buses. They seemingly can turn a bus around in an abandoned alleyway. Do you remember in the movie strips and the awesome urban assault vehicle in RV form. I think strips had it right. A fighting RV would dominate on the battlefield. The RV/Bus would be bulky to take punishment, for the geeks out there a RV/bus battlefield weapon would be akin to the beta fighter in Robotech, sorry. Have you seen a bus navigate a city. They can move in an d out of traffic and no matter what the bus always wins in a game of chicken. The bus rules!

Return of the Jedi is on as I write this piece.

2 comments:

Hokie Girl 99 said...

I took the Bolt Bus to NYC a few months ago. It was awesome! Smooth ride, nice bathroom, and comfy seats.

ART said...

The only good bus trip is the surf camp bus to the Witch's Rock.