Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Box of Rain- Bareboating

Leave or take it, it is what it is. A box of sunshine or a box of rain.

Memories of my past: Bareboating in the British Virgin Islands

A forty foot boat, me and my girlfriends family. We sailed all around the British Virgin Islands, Tortola, St. Kitts, Jost van Dyke, the Bitter End, English Baths...it was a great trip. Im not a jimmy buffett fan but i see why people like the music. Sailing through the islands makes you understand the music. Sailing all day and mooring at a beuatiful islands eating conch fritters, and a damn cheeseburger in paradise it is amaazing. The sun, the sea, a cold Red Strip and a cheeseburger is perfect. Sorry about the repeat it just needed to be restated. Her family was great. I miss swimming to wake up and showering down with cold fresh water.

I remeber sailing to Jost and seeing other boats with surf boards tied down. I remember looking out at the passing islands looking for surf.

When we were sailing aorund finding appropriate music was key. Jimmy Buffett will make you mad, Bob Marley works, Steel Pulse works, Alpha Blondy doesnt work.

One of the freakiest moments was going to the bitter end yacht club. We got in early and took the dingy into the club. From their dock it looked out on the Atlantic. It literally was the end of the world. There was no horizon just the sea blending into the sky, a vastness that scared me silly. We got wasted that night and climbing into a dingy and drunk boating was hard.

Best boat food: super buttery grilled cheese.

My quarters were excellent but Im a snorer. I wonder if I woke the world. Everynight sleeping under those stars made me realize that there is another way to live.

No comments: