Thursday, December 13, 2007

It's A Wonderful Life

its at this time of year you buy gizmos and gadgets and clothes and all sorts of gifts for the ones you love. During X-mas I like to think of "It's A Wonderful Life" and rememeber all that i have and not what I should have or desire. Dont get me wrong I love gear like the next guy but there are some eevnts and traditions I always like to remember.

First, my brothers wearing Santa hats giving out gifts...Dad use to do it and is still makes me laugh. Actually, one better is my dad wearing santa hat and acting surprised when he got a gift.

Second, dancing Santa doll.

Third, Missing X-mas eve mass and getting sucked into X-mas day mass.

Fourth, one year Nacho made Steaks with bernaise sauce, corn chowder, and enough bread and butter to make you sick. This was at the height of Julia Childs and a great meal.

Fifth, white x-mas at the house on cedarhurst

Sixth, the move to a fake tree..hating it...and now loving it..man only if it was silver.

Seventh, sneaking x-mas smokes. I miss you malboro man.

Eighth, "March of the Penguins" why does Browser like this movie!

Ninth, signing presents from Santa.

Tenth, Gio getting books and then crying but Nacho saving the day with a toy gun from Bass Pro.

Eleventh, greatest gift ever...the loot box...who doesnt want a used plastic cowboy wallet!

Twelfth, Mom's roasted chestnuts...damn who thought they would be good.

Thirteenth, I think we filmed first transformer movie on X-mas night.

Fourteenth, Seed's mom pulling me aside and giving me cash, score!

Fifteenth, my adorable god daughter.

Ebenezer Scrooge seeing the light and ordering the biggest goose ever

1 comment:

One Little Seedling said...

I also got a weeble wobble with that cowboy wallet. I need to find that.

I hope our nieces and nephews keep the loot box tradition alive. I hope they make a stop motion sequel to our Transformers video. Where is that?